FUTO Accredited Courses, Subject Combination and Requirements (Updated 2020/2021) | List Of Courses Offered In Federal University of Technology Owerri.
FUTO Courses and Requirements, FUTO Courses – List of undergraduate courses/programmes offered at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri with the admission requirements See details below.
The under-listed courses are currently offered in Federal University of Technology Owerri. The courses are categorized according to their respective faculties for the sake of clarity. You are therefore advised to meticulously go through the list below.
However, it must be stated here that the accuracy of the below list of courses offered in Federal University of Technology Owerri can only be guaranteed up to the point of the publication of this post. In other words, a change might have been made to the list of courses offered in Federal University of Technology Owerri. Hence you are hereby advised to use the comment box below to confirm from the Admin if the course you are interested in has been added or removed from the list.
- 1 A History Of The Federal University Of Technology Owerri
- 2 Official List of courses offered in Borno State University, Maiduguri
- 3 FUTO Admission Requirements.
- 4 We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
- 5 Most Related Posts:
A History Of The Federal University Of Technology Owerri
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is a federal government university located in Owerri West, the capital of Imo State. The University is bounded by the communities of Eziobodo, Umuchima, Ihiagwa and Obinze, in Imo State, Nigeria. It is the premier federal university of technology in the south east and south south parts of Nigeria.
The Federal University of Owerri is the Oldest University of Technology in Nigeria and was established in 1980 by Executive fiat with the composition and appointment of the first provisional Council by Nigeria’s First Executive President, Shehu Shagari. It became the first of three such Universities set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria who sought to establish a University of Technology in each geo-political region and particularly in a State which did not have a conventional University.
FUTO began with 225 students and 60 staff (28 academic and 32 non-academic). Like other federal universities in Nigeria, FUTO is headed by a Chancellor who is usually a royal father, and followed by a Vice Chancellor who oversees the daily activities of the university.
Official List of courses offered in Borno State University, Maiduguri
- SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science and Technology
- Fisheries and aquaculture Technology
- Forestry and Wildlife Technology
- Soil Science and Technology
- SCHOOL OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Biological Sciences
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Food Sciences Technology
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Polymer and Textile Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- SCHOOL OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
- Dental Technology
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Public Health Technology
- SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- Financial Management Technology
- Information Management Technology
- Maritime Management Technology
- Project Management Technology
- Transport Management Technology
- SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
FUTO Admission Requirements.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT 100 LEVEL (UTME)
- Student must have minimum of credit passes in five subjects including English language at the SSCE, GCE, O level and any other equivalent examinations at not more than two sittings.
- UTME score of at least 180 for all program.
- Candidates must make FUTO as their first or second choice to qualify to write the post-utme screening test.
- Final selection will be based on the candidte’s average scores from the UTME and post-utme screening tests.
DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- Student must have minimum of credit passes in 5 subjects including English language at SSCE, GCE, O’LEVEL or equivalent qualification at not more than two sittings.
- Must possess an HND, OND,or NCE in the relevant programme to be undertaken in FUTO.
- An acceptable Score is prescribed for admission at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the Direct Entry screening result.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about FUTO Courses and Requirements kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article FUTO Courses and Requirements helpful and useful?
If this article on FUTO Courses and Requirements has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at email@example.com to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.