AIG Scholarships | Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019/2020 (Fully Funded to Study in the UK) | How To Apply
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019…For all Those Who have been long interested in The AIG Scholarships, this is the guide on AIG Scholarship application you have been looking for. Sit back an thoroughly go through this guide for a successful application.
Africa Initiative for Governance AIG Scholarships 2019
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is now accepting applications from eligible Nigerians and Ghanaians for its 2019/2020 scholarships. The deadline for submission of application for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarshipsis 14th September, 2018.
To achieve our goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, AIG will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government , University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses
Our Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. The Scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships Eligibility Criteria.
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- You must be between the ages of 25 and 35 years
- You must have achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
How to Apply for Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships.
New applicants should click on the “Start Application” tab on the site menu and provide their basic information. On submission of your basic information, you will instantly receive an acknowledgement e-mail, from the portal containing a link that will enable you to continue the application process. You MUST click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue the application. You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application.
Please note that you will not receive an e-mail if your e-mail address is incorrect, non-functional or has been deactivated as a result of inactivity for a long period of time. You should therefore, ensure that your e-mail account is active and open before you start your application.
Returning applicants should click on the “Continue Application” tab on the site menu and log in with their email address and password.
** If you have any complaints or encounter any challenges in the course of your application, Please send an email to [email protected] . Alternately, you may call the helpdesk on 08097178248 or send us a WhatsApp message via 08097178248.
Please note that you will be required to upload a passport photograph with a maximum size of 50 kb.
Please note that:
- An AIG Scholarship is confirmed when a successful candidate has been offered a place by BSG for the MPP programme
- Only applicants selected for the second round of the AIG Scholarships selection process will be notified, and asked to provide further information
- Scholarship winners must be prepared to undertake to return to their country of origin and work in the public sector of that country for a minimum period of three years, and be willing to sign a Bond to that effect
Applicants who reach the second stage of selection will be required to furnish the following additional information.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Academic Transcripts
- Academic and/or Professional References (four in total). Please note that at least two of the references must be from individuals whom you studied under at university. The references should be sent directly to AIG, and should attest to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. (References should not be given by people who are related to the applicant.)
- Personal Essay (no more than 1500 words) covering the following:
- Why you are interested in public service and public policy; describe the specific issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your thoughts on how this issue can be resolved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the economy as a whole.
- Why the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at BSG-Oxford are important to you and how you would utilise this opportunity.
- The description of a personal challenge you have overcome or an achievement that you believe demonstrates your leadership potential, and the impact of that achievement.
- Two passport photographs
Applications for the 2019 – 2020 AIG Scholarships open Tuesday, July 17, 2018 and close Friday, September 14, 2018
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about AIG Scholarships | Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019 kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article AIG Scholarships | Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019 helpful and useful?
If this article on AIG Scholarships | Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2019 has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.