Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2020 for Students in Anglophone and Francophone Countries [Financial Support for Higher Education Abroad].
Ashinaga Africa Initiative…Ashinaga is now accepting applications from orphaned students (who have lost one or both parents) in Anglophone and Francophone Countries for its 2020 Ashinaga Africa Initiative. All the details on how to apply with the deadline and requirements can be found below.
The mission of the initiative is to contribute to Sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad. They support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree).
Ashinaga established the Ashinaga Africa Initiative in 2014 with the aim of contributing to Sub-Saharan Africa’s long-term development by empowering a generation of future leaders. Their students receive an international university education, comprehensive support throughout their studies, and the means to return home and be agents of positive change.
Ashinaga Africa Initiative Eligibility.
Have lost one or both parents;
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after September 1 2017, including all of 2018 and 2019) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28, 2020.
- Were born after September 1, 1997;
- Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class;
- Be committed to returning home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Anglophone Countries: Botswana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius*, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles*, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Francophone Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon*, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Gabon, Guinea Conakry, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Republic of Congo, Senegal and Togo.
*As these countries have French and English as its official languages, applicants can apply to either the Anglophone or Francophone program. However, this does not guarantee multiple seats on the AAI will be provided.
Ashinaga Africa Initiative Funding.
- Ashinaga support covers tuition, accommodation, travel costs, and other necessary fees.
How to Apply for Ashinaga Africa Initiative.
The following are documents you will need to submit as part of your application.
- Copy of birth certificate of applicant.
- Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving death of parent(s) or orphan status.
- Copy of national ID card or passport.
- Copy of term reports / high school transcripts (from the last 2 years).
- Copy of final Secondary School Examination Certificate*
- Copy of academic transcripts or diplomas from university/post-secondary institution, if applicable.
* For students receiving their examination results after December 13, 2019 and before February 28, 2020 they will ask you to send your examination certificate if you are selected to progress to the second round of the application process
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about AAU Post-UTME Result kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time
What do you think? Was this article helpful and useful?
If this article on has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
- Get The Latest Job Vacancies and Recruitment In Nigeria For Free here.
- Lagos State Government Recruitment- Apply Here.
- Massive Recruitment Ongoing in Akwa Ibom Call: 07013276852