Australia Visa Application Form and Guide For Nigerians 2019/2020: How To Apply
Australia Visa Application Form and Guide…Every day, people are planning to travel out or into a country of their dream which they believe hold the realities to their dreams.Australia is one of the countries which people will love to travel to. Before getting to the main issue of the article we will have to know a little about this country which you are interested in traveling to.
Australia Visa Application Form and Guide For Nigerians And How To Apply.
This article is very detailed in its guide. So if you are to get anything meaningful and valuable
Facts about Australia
Before delving into the main issue of the day, let’s get to know some key and vital facts about the country Australia and whether traveling there is worth it.
Australia is a country and continent surrounded by the Indian and Pacific oceans. Its major cities – Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide – are coastal. Its capital, Canberra, is inland. The country is known for its Sydney Opera House, the Great Barrier Reef, a vast interior desert wilderness called the Outback, and unique animal species like kangaroos and duck-billed platypuses.
Australia, officially known as the Commonwealth of Australia, is the 6th largest country in the world by total area. It is on the continent of Australia. The widely spoken language is Australian English. The country has fascinating places with over 10,000 beaches that visitors would entirely love. It has a booming economy with a high life expectancy and low unemployment rate. If you are interested in getting an Australian visa, then you are in the right place as we have compiled useful information about this.
Australia Visa Application Form Requirements and Qualification
Persons who want to get visas to Australia must first meet the Australian character requirements. You must prove that they have no criminal records for at least a year. You might also have to provide a police certificate to support your claim. Apart from the Australian character requirements, there are certain important documents that would be needful in order to apply for an Australian visa. They include:
- An Australian visa application form.
- An International Passport or travel document valid for at least 6 months after the expiry of your visa. N:B: Your passport must have at least two unused page for entry/departure visa endorsements.
- A proof of the Australia visa application fee payment (An original receipt).
- A 29mmx34mm, colored passport with white background.
- Financial documents to provide that you can financially sustain yourself in Australia.
These documents might include– six-month bank statements- proof of earnings or the financial document of a guardian in Australia that has sufficient resources to financially support you.
- A letter from your employer outlining the reason for your visit, who you will be meeting and details of any payment/expenses (for work visa applicants).
- Letter of Invitation (for visitor visa applicants).
- Travel Itinerary (for tourist visa applicants).
- Evidence of admission into an Australian university (for student visa applicants).
- Letter from a doctor or consultant in Australia showing:
– Details of health condition
– Cost and duration of treatment
– Location of treatment (for Private medical treatment visa applicants).
- Letter of Introduction
- Marriage certificate
- Children birth certificate (if any)
- Proof of ownership
- Family pictures
- Tax clearance
Most of the documents cut across all the different types of Cyprus Visas and some are peculiar to the visa type needed. Submitting fake documents result in an abrupt closure of the visa application, and seizing of the documents. Original documents are mandatory for your application.
Requirements for Entering Australia
Do you want to visit Australia with no hassles? You’ll be needing the following to ensure this.
- A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay.
- At least one blank page in your passport to get your visa endorsement.
- A valid visa if required.
- Sufficient funds to sustain you. Bear in mind that the Country uses its own currency Australian dollars (AUD), and amounts over AUD 10,000 or it’s equivalent has to be declared before entry.
- A return ticket back to your home Country
- Adequate medical and health fitness tests. This may be required if you are coming from a Country with a disease outbreak.
Special Visa Requirements for Australian Tourist Visas
- A duly filled Form 1419A.
- Health assessment certificate – Polio and yellow fever vaccination certificate, and evidence of chest x-ray screening.
- Previous passports or visas and stamps to indicate your travel history.
- Proof of employment -current employment letter, company reference letter, etc.
- An Intended itinerary for your stay in Australia which includes airport pickup, hotel accommodation receipts, flight tickets, etc.
- A comprehensive travel health insurance covers for visitor’s whole stay in Australia.
- Police clearance certificate.
- Proof of motivation to return to back to home Country
Below is the Health Requirement for Australia Visa Application Form.
Nigerian visa applicants are required to meet certain health standards. You will have to undergo a health examination which will be assessed and will determine the outcome of your visa application. Find out more about the health examination on the DIBP’s website.
- Polio vaccination certificate
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate
Australia Visa Application Document: What Documents Do You Need To Apply For Australia Visa from Nigeria
Here are the require documents that you need to apply successfully for Australia Visa.
The following documents are required for an Australian Visitor Visa application:
- A completed and signed Form 1419 – application for visitor visa.
- A certified copy of your passport – showing the photo and personal details, and other pages which prove travel to any other countries
- 1 x passport photograph (45mm x 35 mm) – not older than six months.
- The Visa Application Fee (cash or proof of payment for online application)
- A completed Form 1257 – Undertaking declaration for applicants under the legal age of 18.
- A completed Form 1229 – Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under 18 years of age, travelling alone or without one or both parents or legal guardian (if applicable).
- If you wish for another person to receive all written communications about your Australian visitor visa application with the Department:
- Completed Part K – Options for receiving written communications
- Form 956: Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance
- Form 956A: Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient
- Proof of access to sufficient funds to support your stay (payslips, recent bank statements, credit card limit or taxation records)
- Evidence of your medical or travel insurance (if requested)
- A letter confirming your leave – from your employer.
- Proof of enrolment at school or university
- A letter of invitation to visit – if you’re visiting a family member in Australia
- Proof of incentive and authority to show your intention to return to your country of residence – property or other significant assets in your home country.
- After lodging your application, attach the payment receipt to the application form.
Ensure that you do not provide original documents unless it is requested. Always make sure to send certified copies of all original documentation. All documents that are not in English should be accompanied by accredited English translations.
Types Of Australia Visa You Can Apply For?
What are the various forms of Australia visa you can apply for? Knowing the various forms of Australia Visa to apply will ease your job throughout the period of the application process.
- Visitor visa (valid for up to three, six or 12 months)
- Student visa (allows for stays up to five years)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (valid for four years and three months)
Now, the Australia Visa Types will be listed in detailed explanation. You can check it below.
This is according to information we gathered on Hotels.ng.
1. Short-Term Visas
These are visas issued for a short period of time, conventionally between three to six months. They are also usually issued to visitors, tourist, individuals traveling for businesses, and those traveling through Australia. They include the following:
- Visitors Visa: This lets you into Australia, for visits, business purposes for up to three, six or twelve months. It should be noted that you aren’t allowed to use this visa for work purposes, as there is a different visa for that.
- Bridging Visa
- Transit Visa
- Electronic Travel Authority: This is issued for short-term visits for tourism or business purposes, but is only available to passport holders from certain countries, location, or region. Most of the electronic travel authority visas are issued online between the Australian Department of Immigration and travel agents, airlines, or specialist service providers.
- eVisitor: This is a free visa if you are an eligible passport holder outside Australia, and you wish to work in Australia or visit for business or tourism.
- Work and Holiday Visa: The work and holiday visa is available for you if you are a young person between the ages of 18 and 30, and you wish to holiday or work in Australia for a period of one year. To apply for this visa, you must hold a valid passport from an eligible Country.
2. Work Visas
This is predominately for individuals who have a particular skill set in high demand in Australia, and the Australian Government or a key employer is willing to have you come over. To be eligible for this, then you must do the following:
- Apply for a skill select visa: Here, skilled workers and business people interested in migrating to Australia are been considered for a skilled visa by the applicant submitting an “Expression of Interest” (EOI) through skill select. An EOI is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa. It is not to be mistaken for a visa application.
- You can apply for a temporary work (skilled) visa. Applying for this indicates that you wish to travel to Australia to work in a nominated occupation for an approved employer for up to ten years.
The types mentioned above are further subdivided into categories and specifications. To access other Australia visa types and their requirements, visit the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.
Australia Visa Application Fees
How much is the Australian Visa Application Fee? Where and how much can you pay for it? See the needed information below.
You can pay the Australian visa application fee at the Visa Application center in cash. Below is a breakdown of the fees.
The payment for your Australian visa application is to be made at a TLScontact Visa Application Centre if you’re applying offline.
Please note that Naira values are subject to the Australian Dollar to Naira exchange rate.
TLScontact Service Fee
The service fees are in addition to the Australian visa application charges.
|Base Application Fee||₦40,855|
|TLScontact Service Fee|
|Primary Service Fees
Biometric and application lodgement – primary applicant
Biometrics only – applicants with a letter of referral from embassy
|Secondary Service Fees
Biometric and application lodgement – additional applicant on the same form as the primary applicant
Additional documents drop
How To Get The Australia Visa Application Form
Below is how to get the Australian Visa Application Form without knocking yourself over heels. This will help you.
Australia visa forms are available for download online on the Australian Immigration website. This form, when downloaded should be filled and submitted to a Visa Application Center or the nearest Australian Embassy in your location.
Australia Visa Application Process-How To Apply
How to apply for Australia Visa here in Nigeria.
Applicants can apply for Australian visas online or offline. For the online applications, every other application process is done online except for the biometric information which would be done through the visa application center.
The steps to apply for an Australian visa offline from Nigeria are as follows.
- Understand why you need a visa, and what type you need
- Download and fill the Australian Visa Application form
- Gather all the necessary supporting documents.
- Book an appointment at a Visa Application Centre
- Pay the visa application fee – cash
- Provide biometric information at the VAC.
The steps to apply for an Australian visa offline from Nigeria are as follows:
Open an ImmiAccount. This helps you access the Department’s online services, as you can apply for a visa or citizenship via this platform, check the progress of your application and track your application.
Fill the online application form
Enter passport details
Scan all the necessary documents
Attach the scanned files
Submit the application
Provide biometric information through a VAC.
Australia Application Centres In Nigeria
|Address:||Australian Visa Application Centre
3rd Floor, El Yakub Mukhtar Place
Zakariya Maimalari Street
|Visa Application Centre Hours:||8:30am to 3:00pm, Monday to Friday (Except for Public Holidays in Nigeria)|
|Call Centre Hours:||7:30am to 3:00pm, Monday to Friday (Except for Public Holidays in Nigeria)|
There is parking available at the entrance of the TLScontact Visa Application Centre. Taxis are also available to transport you to the Visa Application Centre in Abuja.
|Address:||Australian Visa Application Centre
21 Mobalaji Bank Anthony Way
|Visa Application Centre Hours:||8:30am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday (Except for Public Holidays in Nigeria)|
|Call Centre Hours:||7:30am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday|
Australia Visa Application Form Submission
Where can you submit The Australian Visa Application Form? The Subheading will inform you on that.
After the Australian visa form has been duly filled, it should be submitted at a visa application center alongside all the supporting documents. Missing or inappropriate documents might ruin an application.
Australia Visa Process Time: How Long Does It Take To Get Your Visa
After Applying For the Australia Visa Application Form, you will need to wait, below is the Application wait period.
- Visitor visa – up to 33 days
- Student visa – Depends on sector of studies. Find more information here.
- Business visa – up to 20 days
Australia Visa Collection Process
Applicants who have been granted visas would receive notifications via email. Depending on what means was earlier specified by the applicants, visa documents could be returned via courier service.
Top Reason Why Australia Visa Applications Are Rejected
Most Visa Applications that I know of are often rejected. But why is this so? Below are the reasons why Most Visa applications are often rejected.
- Submission of fraudulent documents.
- If the applicant has previously been deported from the United Kingdom.
- If the applicant has served a jail term of four years or more.
- If the applicant is withholding information regarding previous crime convictions.
- If it is noticed that the applicant lacks the necessary funds.
- Submission of falsified documents on previous visits to the United Kingdom or overstaying previous visits.
- If the applicant does not comply with the application requirements.
- If the applicant is found wanting in any of the application documents.
- If the reason tendered for the visit seems flimsy and not worthy of approval.
Things To Do If Your Australia Visa Application is Rejected.
In the event of your Australian visa application being rejected, what should you do?
The rejection letter will carry information on whether the rejection can be appealed or not. If no specific reason is stated, then the applicant will have to reapply.
Note that the appeal process is likely to take up to twelve weeks, beginning from the submission of the appeal to the hearing and final decision.
Other Important Searches And Keywords On Australia Visa Application Form
- Australia Visa Application,
- Australian Visa To Work In Usa,
- Australia Visa Application Tourist,
- Australia Visa Application Online,
- Australia Visa Application Usa,
- Australia Visa Application From Usa,
- Australia Visa To Malaysia ,
Apart Form Australia Visa, You can also Apply for
Remember to check also: Australia Visa Lottery Application Form
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Australia Visa Application Form and Guide For Nigerians 2019/2020 kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article Australia Visa Application Form and Guide For Nigerians 2019/2020 helpful and useful?
If this article on Australia Visa Application Form and Guide For Nigerians 2019/2020 has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.