Austria Visa Application Form and Guide For Nigerians: How To Apply.
Austria Visa Application Form…Every day, people are planning to travel out or into a country of their dream which they believe hold the realities to their dreams. Austria is one of the countries which people will love to travel to. Before getting to the main issue of the article we will have to know a little about this country which you are interested in traveling to. See More Details below.
Facts about Austria
Austria is a German-speaking country in Central Europe, characterized by mountain villages, baroque architecture, Imperial history, and rugged Alpine terrain. Vienna, its Danube River capital, is home to the Schönbrunn and Hofburg palaces. It has counted Mozart, Strauss, and Freud among its residents. The country’s other notable regions include the northern Bohemian Forest, Traunsee Lake, and eastern hillside vineyards.
Austria Visa Application Form Requirements and Qualification-Entry Requirements
Non-EU nationals, when showing up at the Austrian port of entry, will have to present some travel and identification documents to the Austrian border officer. These documents are as follows:
- A valid passport or travel document. Issued in the last 10 years and it should be valid for at least 3 months after your date of departure.
- A visa– if you are subject to Austrian visa regime.
Please note that the Austrian border officer holds the final decision whether you should be permitted to enter Austria or not. The border official will check your documents and may ask you a few questions about your trip to Austria like:
- What is your purpose of visiting Austria?
- How long do you intend to stay in Austria?
- Where are you going to stay in Austria? Etc.
And if everything looks okay, you will be allowed to enter Austria, and thus the Schengen Area.
Please, make sure that the Austrian border officer stamps your passport when you enter the Schengen area. Without a stamp, you could be fined or detained from Austria.
Additional Austrian Visa Requirements Based on Your Employment Status
Additionally, you will need to provide the Austrian embassy/consulate with documents that prove you meet Austria visa requirements based on your employment status:
- Employment contract.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
- A copy of your business license.
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment.
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months.
- Proof of regular income generated by pthe roperty, for the last 6 months.
Additional Austrian Visa Requirements for Minors
Austria visa requirements for minors wishing to visit Belgium for short-stays are as following:
- Birth certificateof the minor traveling to Austria.
- Austria application form signed by both parents.
- Family court order– in cases where only one parent has full custody over the child.
- Certified copies ofID / passport of both parents.
- A notarized parental authorizationto travel to Austria, signed by both parents / guardians if the minor will be travelling alone.
*Note: When applying at the Austrian embassy/consulate in the home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Austria Visa Application Document: What Documents Do You Need To Apply For Austria Visa from Nigeria
The mandatory documents when applying for a short-term Austrian visa are as follows:
- Austrian visa application form. Fill it completely and with sincerity. Do not forget to sign it at the end after you print it.
- Two identical photos. The photos should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. See photograph requirements & specifications.
- Your passport. Valid for at least 3 months beyond return date, no older than 10 years, and containing at least two blank pages.
- Copies of your previous visas (if applicable).
- Travel Insurance. Confirmation that you have travel insurance for Austria and the whole territory of Schengen, with a minimum 30,000 € coverage of medical emergencies. Learn how to buy travel insurance to meet the Austria visa requirements.
- A cover letter.In which you state the purpose of visit to Austria and you present a detailed trip itinerary.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary. Containing the dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Austria.
- Proof of accommodation. I.e. Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Austria. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Austria!
- Proof of civil status. This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Austria.
Required Documents for an Airport Transit Schengen Visa to Austria
- A valid visa(if needed) for the final country one is travelling to.
- The flight ticketfor the final country you are travelling to.
Find out if you belong to the list of nationals who are required to obtain an Austrian Airport Transit visa.
Required Documents for a Tourist Schengen Visa to Austria
When applying to obtain an Austrian Tourist visa, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Bank statement. Preferably for the last 6 months.
- Travel Itinerary. A detailed description of your trip, which includes the purpose of travelling, the time frame and all the personal date written down in a letter, as well as hotel reservations or a formal invitation letter from a resident of a Schengen country.
- Proof how you will be financing your trip to Austria.
Required Documents for a Schengen Visitor Visa to Austria
When applying to obtain a visa to visit your friends or relatives in Austria, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Proof of financial means. Evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay in Austria. This could be a:
- Bank account statement.
- Sponsorship Letter. When another person will be financially sponsoring your trip to Austria. It is also often called as an Affidavit of Support.
- A combination of both.
- Travel Itinerary. Which is a description of your trip, which includes the purpose of travelling to Austria, the time frame and all your personal data.
- Proof of invitation.You will need to submit some extra documents to prove that you have been invited to visit Austria by a friend or a family member. These requirements are:
- Invitation letter signed by the host.
- Copy of host’s passport.
- Host’s Residence Permit (if applicable).
- Electronic Guarantee Letter (EVE). Your host in Austria should apply for an EVE at the local aliens police in their city of residence. The authority dealing with their EVE will forward the information to the Austrian Embassy in your country of residence within 48 hours. Your host will receive an ID-number, which you should provide at the visa interview. Your host will be asked to provide the following documents / information to receive the EVE:
- Their Passport or Personal ID Card.
- Police Registration.
- Recent bank Statement.
- Last payslip.
- Tenancy Agreement.
- Your (visa applicant) Passport number.
- Your date of birth.
- Your place of birth.
- Your address.
Required Documents for a Business Schengen Visa to Austria
When applying to obtain an Austrian Business visa, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Invitation letter from the Austrian companyyou will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit.
- A certificate from your employer. In this letter should be stated why you will be traveling to Austria.
- Business bank statement.Preferably for the last 6 months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association. It should be submitted in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies).
- Trade License(first issued and present renewal).
- Proof of trip financing. Regarding the applicant’s expenses during their stay in Austria, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Required Documents for a Student Schengen Visa to Austria
When applying to get an Austrian Student visa, you must provide the following additional documents:
- An enrollment certificateallowing attendance of courses (school / university / language course / etc.), in Austria.
- No objection letterfrom the Austrian educational institution where your are currently enrolled (if applicable).
Required Documents for a Medical Schengen Visa to Austria
When applying to get a visa to receive medical treatment in Austria, you must provide the following additional documents:
- A local medical report. Issued from a doctor/clinic/hospital in your home country, confirming that you need medical treatment in Austria.
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Austria, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation.
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
- Official confirmation of the treatment/appointment by the receiving medical institution (hospital/clinic) in Austria.
- Proof that you have sufficient financial means to pay the medical expenses and other related expenses throughout your treatment.
Required Documents for a Schengen Visa to Austria for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes
When applying to get an Austrian visa under the purpose of attending a Cultural / Sports / Religious Event in Austria you must provide the following additional documents:
- Event Information. As:
- Invitation letter from the relevant body in Austria with details upon the nature of events or activities that are to be held in Austria.
- Entry tickets to the event.
- Enrollment conditions.
- Detailed programme of the event in Austria.
- Other documents that present Names of the applicants (crew members) and other relevant information about the event.
- Proof of previous performances. Participation in previous festivals and ceremonies (cultural, religious), sports competitions, winners certificates, proof of world/international ranking (sports).
Required Documents for an Austrian Schengen Visa for the Wife/Husband of an Austrian Citizen
When applying to get an Austrian visa as the spouse of an Austrian citizen, you must provide the following additional documents:
- Proof of Austrian citizenship(ID card or consular card or certification of Austrian nationality or naturalization order).
- Austrian marriage certificate.
- Austrian family record book.
Austrian Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations
When applying to get an Austrian visa as a member of an official delegation, you must provide the following additional documents:
- The official invitation copy.
- Evidence on the purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations).
Types Of Austria Visa You Can Apply For
- Austrian Airport Visa – for those who need to transit through one of the Austrian airports, to reach their travel destination country, outside the Schengen Area.
- Austrian Tourist Visa– for those wishing to visit Austria for holidays or sightseeing.
- Austrian Visitor Visa– for travelers who want to visit friends or family members residing in Austria.
- Austrian Business Visa– for business people who need to attend business-related activities in Austria.
- Austrian Visa for Official Visit– for Official Delegations coming to Austria on an official trip.
- Austrian Medical Visa– for people seeking medical treatment in Austria.
- Austrian Study Visa–for students that wish to attend a course for up to three months at an educational institution in Austria.
- Austrian Visa for Cultural, Sports and Film Crews– for people wishing to attend an activity in Austria that belongs this nature.
Austria Visa Application Fees
Adult travelers to Austria will need to pay an Austrian Schengen Visa fee of €60 for the procession of their application. However, depending on your age, nationality and some other factors you could be exempt from paying the Austria visa fee, or at least you will have to pay a lower fee.
Check the list of the Austrian Schengen Visa fees for more information in this regard!
How To Get The Austria Visa Application Form
You can get the Austrian Visa Application Form at any of the application centers across the country.
Austria Visa Application Process-How To Apply
Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’ – do remember we are here to assist and help you through the entire visa application process but are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category. Since our work is primarily administrative in nature, we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long exactly it will take to process it, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Austrian Embassy in Abuja.
Applicants are requested to read the below mentioned steps carefully before submitting their application at the Austria visa application center, Lagos or Abuja. It is recommended to refer the Attached PDF file for process flow at Visa application center Click here
Applicants are to provide the new bio-metric passports.
The Austrian Embassy would require a minimum of three (3) consecutive empty pages in your passport in order to issue a visa STICKER on your passport.
“All applicants – (Schengen non-immigrant visa) – simply need to walk into one of the VFS center in Abuja or Lagos and submit their application together with the required documents.”
Applicants applying for all Multiple Entry Schengen Visas, irrespective of the validity, will also have to provide a written guarantee that they will cover all successive trips with an International Health Insurance valid for the intended period of travel.
- If applicants submit fake/forged passports, they will be seized and sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja
- Evidence of sufficient financial means as well travel insurance has to be presented not only in the process of applying for a visa, but also when entering the Schengen territory. A visa does not necessarily guarantee entry
- IMPORTANT:Introduction False or fraudulent documents as well as wrong or non-complete information on the application form will ultimately lead to a refusal of the visa.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request for additional documents in addition to those mentioned above.
For additional information please contact the Austrian Embassy, Abuja.
Austria Visa Application Centres In Nigeria
You will have to apply for a short-stay visa to Austria at the Austrian body responsible for visa admission in your country of residence. This could be one of the following:
- The Austrian Embassy
- An Austrian consulate
- A Visa Application Center to which Austria has outsourced visa submission
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Austria has outsourced visa submission
Austria Visa Process Time: How Long Does It Take To Get Your Visa
The processing time for an Austrian Schengen visa may take up to 15 days, in a normal situation. In some cases, this period may be extended up to 30 due to the number of applications the embassy/consulate of Austria is receiving, or the uniqueness of your case.
Still, exceptional applications may take up to 60 days to be processed by the Austrian embassy/consulate. That is why you are highly recommended to apply for your Austrian short-stay visa as soon as you can, but no earlier than three months prior to your trip to Austria.
Top Reason Why Austria Visa Applications Are Rejected
Most Visa Applications that I know of are often rejected. But why is this so? Below are the reasons why Most Visa applications are often rejected.
- Submission of fraudulent documents.
- If the applicant has previously been deported from the United Kingdom.
- If the applicant has served a jail term of four years or more.
- If the applicant is withholding information regarding previous crime convictions.
- If it is noticed that the applicant lacks the necessary funds.
- Submission of falsified documents on previous visits to the United Kingdom or overstaying previous visits.
- If the applicant does not comply with the application requirements.
- If the applicant is found wanting in any of the application documents.
- If the reason tendered for the visit seems flimsy and not worthy of approval.
Things To Do If Your Austria Visa Application is Rejected.
In the event of your UK visa application being rejected, what should you do?
The rejection letter will carry information on whether the rejection can be appealed or not. If no specific reason is stated, then the applicant will have to reapply.
Note that the appeal process is likely to take up to twelve weeks, beginning from the submission of the appeal to the hearing and final decision.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about AAU Ekpoma IJMBE Admission Form kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article AAU Ekpoma IJMBE Admission Form helpful and useful?
If this article on AAU Ekpoma IJMBE Admission Form has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.