CARE International Recruitment For Procurement & Logistics Officer 2018 And How To Apply.
CARE International Recruitment…CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
CARE International Recruitment For Procurement & Logistics Officer
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day to day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner, in compliance with legal, CARE and donor requirements.
- S/he will handle contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, and other logistics tasks and provides projects’ administration on procurement related matters.
- The incumbent will also supervise the Warehouse staff.
- Effectively supervise all direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Ensure the proper implementation of CARE’s performance management system for direct reports, including job description and annual performance objectives development, regular feedback, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals
- Proactively address performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching
- Identify necessary staff development and career development opportunities for direct reports
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed by direct reports.
- % of Time: 10%
Ensure Quality and Timely Supply of Goods and Services in Accordance with CARE Procurement Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and maintain a vendor list for the Damaturu office and supervise the preparation of Damaturu vendor lists,
- Maintain and share vendor and price lists with MO and S/O procurement committees and Programme Managers,
- Communicate effectively with clients,
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P.O’s and Request for Payments,
- Ensure 24 hours feedback to staff on completeness of PR’s submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files
- Maintain and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant’s fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them.
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor’s sign L.P.O’s and follow up with the prompt delivery of items.
Handle Vendor Management and Communication:
- Effective report and communicate with clients and programs
- Maintain consultant database
- Prepare and maintain weekly Procurement Status Report (PSR).
Prepare, Process and Monitor Consultancy Contracts:
- Maintain and review consultant’s database at the Damaturu Office.
- Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures,
- Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary
- Follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract
- Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Ensure Effective Assets Management:
- Ensure that relevant tools are in place for inventory
- Ensure that the office assets are tagged and properly kept (including individual lists of office equipment)
- Ensure that inventories are made in all offices at least once a year
- Ensure that inventory documentation is kept up to date in all offices
- Coordinate and ensure that the reconciliation of all offices and partners’ inventories is done with databases
- Produce annual inventory and reconciliation report to management.
Ensure Effective Vehicle Repairs and Maintenance:
- Ensure the office, vehicles all have safety equipment needed such as first aid boxes, fire extinguishers etc.
- Effectively maintain strict adherence to CARE policies on travels, seat belts, speed limits and ensure drivers have regular training in this area.
- Maintain an overall chart and individual vehicle and generate files showing maintenance schedules, data of insurance renewals, roadworthiness certificates, ECOWAS brown cards, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Analyze data on vehicle use and cost, submit a monthly report to the HR & Admin Manager on a monthly, weekly or as and when required for management.
- Provide adequate information on fleet with appropriate recommendations for maintenance and renewal of the fleet or fleet vendors.
- Ensure that new vehicles are correctly registered, insured, etc. and initiate the process of renewal of documentation as required.
- Keep a record of annual fleet renewal documentation and process renewals accordingly.
- Manage the allocation and movement of vehicles at the country office.
- Minimum of First degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience or a combination of education and work experience
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behavior and build team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the CARE’s values and ethical standards
- Good understanding of CARE business, operational environment and its program participants and donors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humor even under pressure
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems, practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Familiar with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc.)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Ability to demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications Letter and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER – DAMATURU) to: [email protected]
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to: Fraud, Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2018.
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about CARE International Recruitment Kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article CARE International Recruitment helpful and useful?
If this article on CARE International Recruitment has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.