Helen Keller International Recruitment For Food Fortification Program Coordinator 2018 And How To Apply.
Helen Keller International Recruitment…Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
Helen Keller International Recruitment For Food Fortification Program Coordinator
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Fortification Program Coordinator
- HKI is seeking an experienced Food Fortification Program Coordinator to lead a food fortification initiative in Nigeria.
- HKI’s food fortification program, which will be implemented in Nigeria and two other countries in West Africa, will aim to strengthen coordination and build consensus among national and regional actors in support of the development of technical specifications and standards for bouillon.
- The project will also create awareness, stimulate dialogue and build consensus among stakeholders on the relevance of considering bouillon as a potential vehicle for micronutrient fortification in the region.
- This position will be based at the HKI Office in Lagos, Nigeria, to lead the program activities in Nigeria.
Scope of the Position
- S/he will collaborate with relevant stakeholders involved in standards development and marketing of bouillon as well as those engaged in food fortification in Nigeria, including government ministries, the National Food Fortification Alliance, private sector industries, and professional and consumer associations, on the implementation of the program’s work-plan.
- S/he will also provide technical inputs to relevant national standards on bouillon and bouillon fortification, while also engaging in advocacy efforts, including representing HKI at various national meetings and events, to create awareness and ensure visibility for the program.
- The Food Fortification Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating implementation of all program activities in Nigeria.
- S/he will engage in joint planning of the intervention’s activities with her/his supervisor and directly manage the implementation and monitoring these activities in Nigeria to ensure delivery of high quality outputs and timely reporting in line with donor requirements.
- The Food Fortification Program Coordinator will be supervised by HKI Country Director in Nigeria with technical supervision from HKI’s Regional Food Fortification Program Manager, based in Dakar, Senegal.
- S/he will work closely with HKI’s country and regional office staff, while liaising with partner agencies, particularly in Nigeria, to implement project activities.
The Food Fortification Program Coordinator will:
- Ensure sustained information sharing and knowledge management on the project, including documenting and sharing lessons learned on implementation and facilitating technology transfer to bouillon manufacturers operating in the country.
- Write and produce timely reports (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) on the progress of the project, and in line with donor requirements.
- Lead in development and implementation of the country work plan for the project, with guidance and inputs from HKI’s Regional Program Manager for Food Fortification and Country Director of Nigeria.
- Actively engage with and maintain relationships with the relevant government ministries and departments, the National Food Fortification Alliance (NFA), the private sector bouillon manufacturers and traders, civil society, and consumer and professional associations, for the project.
- Facilitate regular face-to-face and virtual meetings of a Country Working Group (CWG) of Stakeholders (composed of a sub-committee of the NFA and other national actors) to provide guidance and support to the intervention’s activities in the country.
- Work with the CWG to identify and fill data and evidence gaps in support of micronutrient fortification of bouillon.
- Oversee and provide technical inputs to national assessments in support of intervention activities, including formative studies on stakeholder and consumer perceptions regarding bouillon and bouillon fortification, and facilitate the use of findings from these studies to develop targeted communications messages and materials to various stakeholders.
- Plan and facilitate advocacy and awareness creation on the project to officials in government, private sector, academia, research institutes, civil society, professional associations and consumer associations in the country to gain their approval and facilitate their support to implementation of the intervention’s activities.
- Lead national advocacy to government to facilitate the development and adoption of national standards for bouillon and fortified bouillon.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in project planning and organization, as well as personal time management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents, including policy analysis
- Relevant experience in advocacy with government officials
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and French, both oral and written.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Technology, Food Science, Public Health, or International Development plus a minimum 5 years’ experience implementing food and nutrition programming. Prior experience in implementing food fortification programs will be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain productive relationships with the government, private sector and civil society.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Resume as a single Word document to: [email protected] noting the job title in the subject line.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Offer will be made upon confirmation of funding by the Donor.
- No calls, please.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Helen Keller International Recruitment Kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article Helen Keller International Recruitment helpful and useful?
If this article on Helen Keller International Recruitment has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.