NDA Admission Application Form and Guide – 2018/19 [71st Regular Course].
NDA Admission Application Form
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 71st regular course (Degree programmes) for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Airforce cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honors degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 71st regular course admission online application form will be available for sale as from Monday 22 October 2018 to Thursday 14 March 2019 and it is open to both male and female Nigerians.
The NDA screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 13 April 2019 at designated centres across the country. Only candidates with JAMB 2019 Registration Number will be eligible to write the exams.
NDA will await JAMB 2018 examination results before shortlisting candidates for the 71 RC Armed Forces Selection Board (AFSB) interview.
Only candidates who score a minimum of 180 (for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Military Science & Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210 (for Faculty of Engineering) in JAMB 2019 examination shall be offered admission into NDA by the AFSB.
NDA Admission Application 2019/2020-Requirement
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2019). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.58 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
2. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Army in the case of female candidates.
METHOD OF APPLICATION.
Candidates should logon to the application portal www.ndaapplications.net select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above. Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website. Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications should be submitted online. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants.
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on “Saturday 19th May, 2018”. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam Number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course wilt , undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (B.Sc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA.
Please note the following:
You must apply JAMB to apply for the 69RC.
Only candidates who score a minimum of 180(for Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210(for Faculty of Engineering) in JAMB examination will be offered admission into the NDA.
That only Registration number and subsequent JAMB results will be considered in the NDA admission process.
If you experience difficulties with the application portal, kindly contact the portal managers via email – [email protected]
If you are experiencing difficulties with your payment, please contact Remita via email – [email protected]
OR FOR EASE OF REGISTRATION, YOU CAN TRY;
- Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Diamond Bank nationwide upon the payment of N00,000 Application Fee to the Cashier.
- Logon to www.nda.edu.ng
- Read the Qualification Criteria.
- Click on ‘Register’ above to fill the registration form. Ensure you type the PIN Code obtained from the bank correctly
NOTE: Registration is to be done once. If you have registered before just Login to continue filling your form.
- On successful registration, you will receive a success email and SMS from ‘The Nigerian Defence Academy’.
- Click on ‘Login’ to login, then you can start filling the forms.
- Edit your Application Profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
- Edit your Institution Attended.
- Edit your Qualifications (WASSCE, and other Certificates are entered here).
- Select your choice of Service and Course.
- Edit/Upload Documents (Attach your Certificates here). The declaration and submission form section will not be displayed until all sections have been filled.
- Print your Acknowledgement / Exam Admission Card. Local Government Certification form and Declaration Form.
NDA Postgraduate Degree Available Programmes Include;
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Department of Accounting and Management.
1. PhD Accounting.
2. Department of Economics.
1. PhD in Economics.
2. MSc in Economics.
- Department of Geography.
1. PhD Geography (Environmental Management).
2. MSc Environmental Management.
3. MSc Remote Sensing and Geographic Information
- Department of History and International Studies.
1. PhD Military History.
2. MA Military History.
- Department of Political Science and Defense Studies.
1. (a) PhD Defense and Strategic Studies.
2. (b) MSc Defense and Strategic Studies.
Faculty of Engineering.
- Department of Electrical Electronics Engineering
See Some Important Links: NDA School Fees
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about NDA Admission Application Form kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article NDA Admission Application Form helpful and useful?
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.