Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment for Consultant And How To Apply.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment….The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment for Consultant
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Baseline Study for ICLA, FSL, Education Cross-border Program in Northeast Nigeria and the Far North of Cameroon
Locations: Nigeria and Cameroon (With travel to all field locations)
Reporting to: Baseline Study Manager/Steering Commitee
- This study will set the baseline for the project titled “Supporting social inclusion and local governance in the areas most impacted by the Lake Chad crisis”.
- This 3-year project will be implemented in following locations: Nigeria: Borno (Pulka, Gwoza) and Adamawa States (Mubi);
- Cameroon: Mayo Sava (Mora, Kolofata), Mayo Tsanaga (Mokolo, Mayo Moskota), and Logone-et-Chari (Makary, Fotokol) Departments
- The goal of the project is to support displacement-affected populations towards durable solutions through improved governance in areas affected by cross-border displacement. This will be achieved through four integrated intervention axes: (1) strengthening access to civil and legal identity, (2) strengthening social cohesion and access to land rights (3) to support the economic recovery of households and (4) securing access to quality education, especially for girls. The project will focus on strengthening existing local structures in their legal and social responsibilities towards the population.
Background on the Context
- As the Lake Chad Basin region enters its tenth year of conflict, the political and security situation shows no signs of reaching an immediate resolution. The protracted conflict has exacerbated the vulnerabilities of affected populations who now have to deal with high levels of insecurity and reduced opportunities for development and economic self-reliance.
- It is estimated that 90% of the affected population in the region relies on humanitarian aid as their only means of survival. After years of instability and displacement, programs to build resilience of the population are essential. The affected population requires particular support in addressing long-term needs such as livelihoods, employment opportunities, and access to education and land.
- As the conflict takes on a multidimensional form, the integration of civil documentation rights and House, Land and Property (HLP) issues with other structural issues such as food security and livelihoods as well as access to education is an essential step to strengthening local governance and a prerequisite for sustainably strengthening the resilience of people affected by crisis.
- NRC is seeking expression of interest from a team of consultants to undertake Baseline Study for 3-year project supporting social inclusion and local governance in the areas impacted by the Lake Chad crisis in Northeast Nigeria and Far North of Cameroon.
Purpose of the Baseline Study
- The baseline study shall provide the starting point, prior to the beginning of the intervention, from which a comparison can be made.
- It shall also generate evidence to establish a better understanding of the situation in the intervention zones, as well as certain elements related to civil and legal identity, land rights, education and economic recovery.
- These findings shall inform planning and contribute to the implementation of the project.
The objectives of the baseline study are to:
- Inform the confirmation or adjustments of accurate and useful indicators;
- Establish the baseline data for project indictors, and inform refinement of realistic targets;
- Provide and analyze data related to project outcomes, to constitute the basis to measure project performance over time;
- Generate evidence about identified elements regarding the situation, dynamics, and stakeholders in the intervention zones, as well as civil and legal identity, land rights, education and economic recovery.
NRC is looking for a team of consultants, with the following experience and capacity:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research, baseline studies and evaluations with quantitative and qualitative components, as well as in leading teams;
- Expertise on housing land and property rights (bundle of rights framework) in West Africa required – ideally with experience specific to Lake Chad Basin area
- Complimentary experience with legal identity, education, and/or livelihoods would make a proposal more competitive.
- Advanced university degree in Development, Geography, Sociology, Social Sciences, or related field of study;
- Comfortable working across cultures and familiarity with language and translation issues.
- Must be registered as a business (self-employed persons included) within your home country (proof of this registration will be expected before signing the contract)
- Strong analytical, synthesis, and report writing skills;
- Fluency or high technical proficiency in both English and French;
- Consultants/companies are responsible for paying tax/VAT, social benefits to national authorities, social insurance, insurance beyond travel insurance provided by NRC, vacation payments etc.
- Consultants/companies, Ltd or sole-trade, must be registered in accordance with the legal requirements
- The consultants are responsible for all other requirements beyond what is contractually agreed from list in the ToR under “5. NRC Support”
- The consultant is responsible for and bears the risk for the project tasks undertaken and the results
- To issue the payment, the consultant will provide an invoice to NRC fulfilling the formal requirements listed in the contract
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their bids by contacting “Baseline Study Manager, Filip Lozinski” to obtain the bid template, sending their completed bid template (including technical and financial offer) and all other relevant documents (i.e. sample of previously completed works etc.) to: [email protected]
Contact “Baseline Study Manager, Filip Lozinski” via: [email protected]
Applications should include
- Technical offer detailing the methodology, work plan and the team (max 5 pages);
- Biography (CV) of the team members demonstrating relevant experience/ capacity (max 10 pages);
- Financial offer (bid) detailing the budget (in Euros);
- Two references of organizations who can verify the quality of the consultant’s work and/or publicly available works or studies commissioned earlier.
- Proof of registration (business registration documentation, and/or VAT or company tax registration. If the consultant is a sole-trade (self-employed) a confirmation of this status from a certified accountant or the tax authorities is mandatory. For any self-employed person based in a European country, a sole-trade certificate/registration document is required. If the sole trade consultant is from the US, a certification from his/her registered accountant is sufficient.
Note: Any questions should be directed to AFD Project Lead/Baseline Manager: Filip Lozinski via: [email protected]The email should be titled: “AFD Baseline Study”. Please note that applications sent to Mr. Lozinski will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment Kindly provide us your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment helpful and useful?
If this article on Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment has been helpful Please share and Like us on [email protected]
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.