PTDF Scholarship 2019 (Overseas & Local) and How to Apply Online.
PTDF Scholarship … In today’s article, i will be putting you through the PTDF Scholarship 2018, all you have to do is to stay focus and follow me as i will be making my explanation very simple. See more details below.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by law for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the human resource needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
PTDF Scholarship 2019 and Application Guide
The Oversea Scholarship Scheme (OSS) was institute by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund as a short-term measure to address identified skills gaps, pending the outcome of the various capacity building efforts being made to enable our domestic universities effectively handle the task of grooming professionals in oil and gas related disciplines. As such, the Fund reserves the right to allocate prospective applicants to scholarships institution and field/programmes targeted at filling those gaps.
Furthermore with the numerous upgrade programmes executed by the Fund in some Federal Universities in Nigeria; emphasis has shifted to training Nigerians in-country. Consequently, only a limited number of candidates will be sponsored overseas and the rest in Nigerian Universities.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Overseas and In-country MSc and PhD Scholarships 2019
Awards will be granted for studies in the 2018/2019 academic session in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France (through Campus France), Top Institutions in the United States of America as well as Federal Universities and Centres of Excellence in Nigeria.
Application forms can be accessed online here using an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Criteria for PTDF Scholarship Scheme
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
- Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised to apply for admission into universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
- For the Split-Site PhD Programme, please click Here
Documents to Scan and Attach to the Application Form
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only); and
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
Please note that the possession of a valid University Admission Letter is Compulsory for LSS (Undergraduates, MSC & PHD) Applicants
List of Approved Courses for Sponsorship
The list, of approved courses for Overseas MSc sponsorship for the year is published in our website www.ptdf.gov.ng Candidates are advised,, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Brazil, France and the United States that offer these courses., while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local Scholarship Scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Excellence in courses relevant to the Oil & Gas industry
B.) PhD Priority Research Areas
In addition to the MSc programmes areas, the PhD research areas are as published in our website. Please visit our website for details: www.ptdf.gov.ng
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Click Here for List of Approved Courses For Sponsorship
- Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements above shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
- Recipients of other scholarship must not apply for the ptdf scholarship.
- Please note that the duration of the phd award is limited to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months only.
- Applicants who already possess a master’s degree need not apply for M.Sc programme, but are qualified to apply for the phd.
- The ptdf award will take effect from September 2017
- Phd applicants who would have already commenced their programmes by September 2017 need not apply.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about PTDF Scholarship 2019 kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article PTDF Scholarship 2019 helpful and useful?
Examstuts Brings to your doorstep daily school news and happening in Higher Institutions in Nigeria and around the world.
Regular job updates and vacancies and Opportunities.
Oil and Gas Jobs And Recruitment
Opportunities For Nigerians.
Opportunities For Africans.
Fellowships, Awards and Internships.
Scholarships for Nigerian students.
Scholarships for African Students
Scholarships for Undergraduate students.
Scholarships for Postgraduate students.
Scholarships for Masters students.
Scholarships for PHD students.
Scholarships for International students.
Examination Guides and past questions
Job Interview Help and guides.
What do you think?
Is it not better to drop your Email with us now for direct job updates, school news, scholarships and exams guide straight into your mail? Please drop your Email and share the good news by clicking any of the social media icons.
WARNING! THIS CONTENT IS PROTECTED AND CAN ONLY BE COPIED IF AN APPROPRIATE CREDIT AND LINK IS MADE TO THIS WEBSITE AS THE SOURCE.
- Get The Latest Job Vacancies and Recruitment In Nigeria For Free here.
- Lagos State Government Recruitment- Apply Here.
- Massive Recruitment Ongoing in Akwa Ibom Call: 07013276852